The IT Sales Executive handles the sales of IT solutions including software, hardware, and services to new or existing customers in order to achieve revenue targets. Customers are usually technology buyers from organizations such as banks, insurance companies, retailers, wholesalers, telcos, and manufacturers as well as educational institutions and government organizations… The IT Sales Executive maintains client relationships, provides pre-sales as well as after-sales advice, and is a key contact point for customers.
The position requires an individual to have good business acumen with a broad understanding of Information Technology. The IT Sales Executive should also be a good team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
An IT Sales Executive is expected to:
- Identify and develop new businesses through networking and prospecting techniques.
- Engage in cold-calling to create interest in company products and services, generate new business leads, and arrange customer meetings.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations including high-level solution overviews and/or demos.
- Understand customers’ business needs and challenges and position the relevant solutions that address those needs.
- Persuade potential buyers that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price, and service delivery while managing customer objections.
- Develop a pipeline by using the company’s sales methodology and processes.
- Manage sales opportunities throughout the sales cycle.
- Ensure accurate and timely forecasting and reporting for management visibility.
- Meet or exceed individual sales targets while contributing to overall team targets as set by management.
- Meet KPIs related to selling efforts and customer calls or visits.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and report progress towards achieving account or go-to-market strategies with management and peers.
- Maintain strategic relationships with existing customers and upsell/cross-sell by promoting product upgrades, additional complementary technologies or solutions, etc…
- Maintain strategic partnerships with technology vendors and distributors.
- Respond to tender documents and write proposals as well as any supporting documentation.
- Create sales literature to promote company solutions, products, and services.
- Support marketing activities by attending company events and trade shows.
- Maintain industry awareness and keep abreast of a constantly changing technology landscape by following the latest trends in software, hardware, and related solutions.
- Manage own time by organizing and prioritizing daily and weekly tasks.
- Provide project oversight and work with project managers or project technical leads to make sure that customer expectations are met while acting as the escalation point for customer issues.
- Assist in the procurement process by issuing and tracking purchase requests for specified projects.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Communication Engineering, or Information Systems (or equivalent) from an accredited university (preferred) or equivalent field experience.
- 1-3 years of sales or pre-sales experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a prevalent professional demeanor. Excellent presentation skills.
- Broad technology knowledge (data center, cloud, virtualization, mobility, and messaging/collaboration)
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Citrix products and technologies is a plus.
- Fluent in English and Arabic; French is a plus.